i got ppp connection whats next - PPP

This is a discussion on i got ppp connection whats next - PPP ; hi all i got the two unit connected (ppp on 2 vxworks units) how do i sent data between them? i have tried read and write function but with no success. thanks...

  1. i got ppp connection whats next

    hi all
    i got the two unit connected (ppp on 2 vxworks units)
    how do i sent data between them? i have tried read and write function
    but with no success.

    thanks

  2. Re: i got ppp connection whats next

    shlomok@rit.co.il (shlomi) writes:
    > i got the two unit connected (ppp on 2 vxworks units)
    > how do i sent data between them? i have tried read and write function
    > but with no success.

    It's the same as with any other network interface, such as an
    Ethernet. You use whatever the local network communications
    facilities are provided by that operating system. (On UNIX-like
    systems, one opens a socket and connects to a remote peer with it.
    Perhaps VxWorks is similar.)

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group

  3. Re: i got ppp connection whats next

    shlomok@rit.co.il (shlomi) writes:

    ]hi all
    ]i got the two unit connected (ppp on 2 vxworks units)
    ]how do i sent data between them? i have tried read and write function
    ]but with no success.

    I think someone is confused. ppp sets up a IP link between the two. you
    do not write to an IP link. Maybe if you told us what you wanted better
    advice could be given.

+ Reply to Thread