LCP - IPCP timeouts - PPP

This is a discussion on LCP - IPCP timeouts - PPP ; Hi, Have looked at the RFC 1661 and google re - timeouts, the defaults for LCP and IPCP are typically 3 seconds, I am operating over a cellular network and occasional I am seeing high latency. Question What are the ...

  1. LCP - IPCP timeouts

    Hi,

    Have looked at the RFC 1661 and google re - timeouts, the defaults for LCP
    and IPCP are typically 3 seconds, I am operating over a cellular network and
    occasional I am seeing high latency.

    Question
    What are the typically permissible maximum timeouts for LCP IPCP
    negotiation?
    I would like some boundary numbers to work within.

    thanks
    Darren

  2. Re: LCP - IPCP timeouts

    "Darren Simons" writes:
    > Have looked at the RFC 1661 and google re - timeouts, the defaults for LCP
    > and IPCP are typically 3 seconds, I am operating over a cellular network and
    > occasional I am seeing high latency.

    Good implementations use the algorithms described in section 4.6
    rather than just a fixed timer.

    > Question
    > What are the typically permissible maximum timeouts for LCP IPCP
    > negotiation?
    > I would like some boundary numbers to work within.

    There's no maximum.

    --
    James Carlson, IP Systems Group