PPP/TCP/IP - PPP

This is a discussion on PPP/TCP/IP - PPP ; Hello, I've question... How to compute CRC for IP and TCP apart. I must build own PPP/TCP/IP packet which I will be sending by BASCOM compiler. I have on mind - this is not object language. I must create own ...

  1. PPP/TCP/IP

    Hello,

    I've question...
    How to compute CRC for IP and TCP apart. I must build own PPP/TCP/IP
    packet which I will be sending
    by BASCOM compiler. I have on mind - this is not object language. I must
    create own invention...

    Any ideas? Good books, www?
    Ps. Sorry for repeating (TCP computing - by Ken)

    Please help me.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: PPP/TCP/IP

    "dreaM" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've question...
    > How to compute CRC for IP and TCP apart. I must build own PPP/TCP/IP
    > packet which I will be sending
    > by BASCOM compiler. I have on mind - this is not object language. I must
    > create own invention...
    >
    > Any ideas? Good books, www?
    > Ps. Sorry for repeating (TCP computing - by Ken)
    >
    > Please help me.

    The PPP CRC has to be computed from the encoded packet - you cannot do it in
    parts.

    There are also IP header checksums and UDP and TCP checksums to compute.

    HTH

    Tauno Voipio
    tauno voipio @ iki fi

+ Reply to Thread