HDLC FCS - PPP

This is a discussion on HDLC FCS - PPP ; I'm working with a Hypercom NAC, this first verify the crc and then send the packet to the network. Some body knows how the Hypercom NAC computes the CRC from a received frame...

  1. HDLC FCS

    I'm working with a Hypercom NAC, this first verify the crc and then
    send the packet to the network. Some body knows how the Hypercom NAC
    computes the CRC from a received frame

  2. Re: HDLC FCS

    rolando.esquivel@efectivale.com.mx (Rolando Esquivel) writes:
    > I'm working with a Hypercom NAC, this first verify the crc and then
    > send the packet to the network. Some body knows how the Hypercom NAC
    > computes the CRC from a received frame

    A quick scan of the web shows that the Hypercom NAC is a point-of-sale
    (POS) access device. Does this even run PPP (which is the topic of
    this newsgroup)? It doesn't seem so.

    If you're looking at the POS protocols used for credit card
    processing, those protocols aren't PPP (as far as I know), and use
    checksums rather than CRCs. You might find more information here:

    "GR-2803: Generic requirements for a Packet Assembler/Disassembler
    supporting T3POS," Bellcore GR-2803-CORE Issue 2, Dec. 1995.

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking