James Fitzsimons writes:
> I have checked with vodafone and on their website they state pap
> authentication with blank user and password.

That's just plain silly. If someone doesn't want to bother with
authentication, why demand authentication, but then accept blanks?

> I read the pppd man pages and have the following in my pap-secrets:
>
> #client server secret IP addresses
> "" * ""

That won't work with the current pppd. You'll need to hack the pppd
source or find out if you can give an arbitrary username/password to
this server.

> rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
> sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 ]

The peer demands authentication, you refuse. That's likely to be the
problem.

--
James Carlson, Solaris Networking