Can I Disable PPP Authentication? - PPP

This is a discussion on Can I Disable PPP Authentication? - PPP ; Hi Everyone! I have question connecting PPP Authentication. May be situation when Authentication disable at all? If my realization don't support PPP Authentication can it work with ISP (Internet Service Provaider)? Can ISPs config PPP connection without PPP Authentication? Best ...

  1. Can I Disable PPP Authentication?

    Hi Everyone!

    I have question connecting PPP Authentication. May be situation when
    Authentication disable at all?

    If my realization don't support PPP Authentication can it work with ISP
    (Internet Service Provaider)? Can ISPs config PPP connection without PPP
    Authentication?

    Best regards,

    Denis

  2. Re: Can I Disable PPP Authentication?

    "Denis Kosolapov" writes:
    > I have question connecting PPP Authentication. May be situation when
    > Authentication disable at all?
    >
    > If my realization don't support PPP Authentication can it work with ISP
    > (Internet Service Provaider)? Can ISPs config PPP connection without PPP
    > Authentication?

    Sure. Authentication is an option in PPP. Technically, either side
    or both may demand authentication from the other. Typically, an ISP
    demands authentication but doesn't respond to demands of
    authentication, while a dial-out client doesn't demand authentication
    from its peer but does respond to a demand. That's just tradition,
    though. There's no requirement in PPP itself that it operate that
    way.

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking

  3. Re: Can I Disable PPP Authentication?

    "Denis Kosolapov" writes:

    ]Hi Everyone!

    ]I have question connecting PPP Authentication. May be situation when
    ]Authentication disable at all?
    You can say that you do not want the other end of the connection to
    authenticate themselves to you sure. (noauth)

    ]If my realization don't support PPP Authentication can it work with ISP
    ](Internet Service Provaider)? Can ISPs config PPP connection without PPP
    ]Authentication?

    If the far side wants you to authenticate you must authenticate. It is
    their choice, not yours.

+ Reply to Thread