Re: tethereal output for PPP - PPP

This is a discussion on Re: tethereal output for PPP - PPP ; > Hi, > I am a bit confused about the tethereal output that i am getting when > sniffing on the PPP interface. The command that i used was: > > tethereal -i ppp0 -x -V > > I started ...

  1. Re: tethereal output for PPP

    > Hi,
    > I am a bit confused about the tethereal output that i am getting when
    > sniffing on the PPP interface. The command that i used was:
    >
    > tethereal -i ppp0 -x -V
    >
    > I started a process which sends UDP packets of length 100 bytes (all
    > containing the character S. ) The below is the output:
    > In the below output, why don't I see the PPP frame (am i missing out
    > some tethereal options). Also, although OT, what is this "Linux cooked
    > capture".
    > Thanks for any help
    > shashank

    --SNIP--
    I got the ans to my above question:
    Check the thread:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...TF-8%26hl%3Den

    Any other comments are welcome still.
    Shashank

  2. Re: tethereal output for PPP (new)

    Shashank Khanvilkar wrote:
    > --SNIP--
    > I got the ans to my above question:
    > Check the thread:
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...TF-8%26hl%3Den
    >
    > Any other comments are welcome still.
    > Shashank

    According to the above thread, i did try the "record filename" option.
    However my pppd process aborts with

    --SNIP--
    Using interface ppp0
    Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/pts/25
    tcgetattr: Invalid argument
    sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 ]
    Connection to zidler.ece.uic.edu closed.
    --SNIP--
    I am using PPP-2.4.2. Any ideas or workarounds?

    thanks
    shashank

+ Reply to Thread