I can connect but not surf - PPP

This is a discussion on I can connect but not surf - PPP ; ....and the file /etc/resolv.conf is automatically changed by the system: how can I avoid this? Please, help. Thanks Rodolfo...

  1. I can connect but not surf

    ....and the file /etc/resolv.conf is automatically changed by the system: how
    can I avoid this?

    Please, help.

    Thanks
    Rodolfo

  2. Re: I can connect but not surf

    Rodolfo Medina writes:

    >...and the file /etc/resolv.conf is automatically changed by the system: how
    >can I avoid this?

    What system? And to what is it changed?

    >Please, help.

    >Thanks
    >Rodolfo

  3. Re: I can connect but not surf

    Unruh writes:

    > What system?

    Gnu Linux Debian Etch.

    > And to what is it changed?

    I edit it with the following lines:

    nameserver 193.70.152.25
    nameserver 193.70.192.25

    , but during the connection it is changed to:

    nameserver 10.11.12.13
    nameserver 10.11.12.14

    .. Thanks for help.
    Rodolfo

  4. Re: I can connect but not surf

    Rodolfo Medina writes:

    > Gnu Linux Debian Etch.

    Unruh:

    >> And to what is it changed?

    Rodolfo:

    > I edit it with the following lines:
    >
    > nameserver 193.70.152.25
    > nameserver 193.70.192.25
    >

    > , but during the connection it is changed to:
    >
    > nameserver 10.11.12.13
    > nameserver 10.11.12.14

    Now I can browse, this way: I connect to internet, then I do:

    # route del default
    # route add default gw 10.64.64.64

    , and edit /etc/resolv.conf as above.
    But this procedure must be done again every time. It that all right, shall I
    automate it with a script, or am I missing anything? Besides, the connection
    turns out to be much slower than it should be (than it is in MS Windows,
    e.g.).

    This is /etc/chatscript/momo:

    ABORT BUSY
    ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
    ABORT VOICE
    ABORT 'NO DIALTONE'
    ABORT 'NO DIAL TONE'
    ABORT 'NO ANSWER'
    ABORT DELAYED
    '' ATZ
    OK-AT-OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet.wind"
    OK-AT-OK AT+CGQREQ=1,2,4,3,6,31
    OK-AT-OK AT+CGQMIN=1,2,4,3,6,31
    OK-AT-OK AT+CGATT=1 OK-AT-OK ATD*99#
    CONNECT ''

    , and here is /etc/ppp/peers/momo:

    hide-password
    noauth
    connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -s -f /etc/chatscripts/momo"
    debug
    -crtscts
    /dev/ttyUSB0
    57600
    defaultroute
    noipdefault
    remotename momo
    ipparam momo
    usepeerdns
    nodetach

    Help welcome.

    Thanks
    Rodolfo

  5. Re: I can connect but not surf

    Rodolfo Medina writes:
    > usepeerdns

    If you don't want the peer to supply DNS server addresses, have you
    tried removing that option/

    --
    James Carlson, Solaris Networking
    Sun Microsystems / 35 Network Drive 71.232W Vox +1 781 442 2084

  6. [solved] Re: I can connect but not surf

    James Carlson writes:

    >> usepeerdns

    > If you don't want the peer to supply DNS server addresses, have you
    > tried removing that option/

    Thanks, that worked!

    Cheers
    Rodolfo