PCI initialisation using Flat Device Tree - Powerpc

This is a discussion on PCI initialisation using Flat Device Tree - Powerpc ; Hi all, Has anyone gotten a PCI card working with a Freescale embedded processor (eg: MPC8349) using the PowerPC (NOT ppc) branch of the linux kernel ? I am trying to setup the Flattened Device Tree (FDT) file and I ...

  1. PCI initialisation using Flat Device Tree

    Hi all,
    Has anyone gotten a PCI card working with a Freescale embedded
    processor (eg: MPC8349) using the PowerPC (NOT ppc) branch of the
    linux kernel ?
    I am trying to setup the Flattened Device Tree (FDT) file and I cant
    find any documentation on the PCI specific FDT nodes.
    Please help!
    Cheers
    Janaka

  2. Re: PCI initialisation using Flat Device Tree

    On Aug 20, 9:48*am, Janaka wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Has anyone gotten a PCI card working with a Freescale embedded
    > processor (eg: MPC8349) using the PowerPC (NOT ppc) *branch of the
    > linux kernel ?
    > I am trying to setup the Flattened Device Tree (FDT) file and I cant
    > find any documentation on the PCI specific FDT nodes.
    > Please help!
    > Cheers
    > * Janaka

    "Cause I'm all alone, There's no one here beside me, My problems have
    all gone, ... :~(" (That sound better when the Donkey from Shrek
    says it!!!)
    Anyways back to the topic; I found the definitions of the PCI nodes
    for the FDT (DTS file). If anyones interested here are the links.
    General FDT details : http://ozlabs.org/~dgibson/home/papers/dtc-paper.pdf
    http://www.power.org/resources/downl...ROVED_v1.0.pdf
    Open firmware Interrupt mappings : http://playground.sun.com/1275/pract...p/imap0_9d.pdf
    PCI Bus bindings for OF : http://playground.sun.com/1275/bindings/pci/pci2_1.pdf

    And as far as I am concerned ozlabs.org guys are the gurus of FDT for
    powerpc/ppc architecture.
    Hopefully this post helps someone!!!
    Cheers
    Janaka