Installed YD on sons new HD, she won't run. - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Installed YD on sons new HD, she won't run. - Powerpc ; All, my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I can do nothing else. I am redoing ...

  1. Installed YD on sons new HD, she won't run.

    All,

    my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
    install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I
    can do nothing else.

    I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.

    What should I look for here?

    When the YD disk bootup it gave me choices of install, text, screen sizes,
    I went with the default install.

    his computer is Apple G4, formated HD so Linux should be by itself, pre
    install and post installs all gave success statements

    GK

  2. Re: Installed YD on sons new HD, she won't run.

    In article ,
    GrailKing wrote:
    >All,
    >
    >my son's apple G4 HD crashed we got a new HD 80Gig WD, the Yellow Dog
    >install went ok but on reboot the screen flashes a ? and apple logo and I
    >can do nothing else.
    >
    >I am redoing the install again, thinking I missed something.
    >
    >What should I look for here?
    >
    >When the YD disk bootup it gave me choices of install, text, screen sizes,
    >I went with the default install.
    >
    >his computer is Apple G4, formated HD so Linux should be by itself, pre
    >install and post installs all gave success statements

    Make sure the disk has an Apple_Bootstrap partition as per the
    YDL installation guidelines. Without it you can't boot.
    (You may need a MacOSX installation DVD in order to create that
    partition.)
    --
    Mikael Pettersson (mikpe@it.uu.se)
    Uppsala University, Department of Information Technology, Computing Science Divison

+ Reply to Thread