About 440EP PIT(programmable interrupt timer) - Powerpc

This is a discussion on About 440EP PIT(programmable interrupt timer) - Powerpc ; I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities. I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value supports instant modify while it is decrementing. Waiting for reply....

  1. About 440EP PIT(programmable interrupt timer)

    I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities.
    I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is
    used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value
    supports instant modify while it is decrementing.

    Waiting for reply.

  2. Re: About 440EP PIT?programmable interrupt timer?

    on Tuesday 22 July 2008 2:59 am, zxd8237@gmail.com (didigo) wrote:

    > I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities.
    > I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is
    > used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value
    > supports instant modify while it is decrementing.
    >
    > Waiting for reply.

    You might find some info at:

    http://www.ibm.com/chips/techlib/tec...2569970063431C

    The 440 processor was originally developed by IBM and is being used
    in the Blue Gene / L super computer.

    jerry
    --
    // Jerry Heyman | "Software is the difference between
    // Amiga Forever :-) | hardware and reality"

  3. Re: About 440EP PIT?programmable interrupt timer?

    Hi Jerry,thanks!
    i have browsed the website you offered me,but it helps little.
    PPC now belongs to AMCC, but i have been waiting for support from
    AMCC for a long time since inquire about that.
    Thank you all the same!

    On Jul 22, 11:04*pm, Jerry Heyman wrote:
    > on Tuesday 22 July 2008 2:59 am, zxd8...@gmail.com (didigo) wrote:
    >
    > > * * * I am inquiring about 440EP timer facilities.
    > > * * * I want to know that whether PIT(programmable interrupt timer) is
    > > used as the interrupt source of OS ticks count and whether PIT value
    > > supports instant modify while it is decrementing.

    > > * * * Waiting for reply.

    > You might find some info at:
    >
    > http://www.ibm.com/chips/techlib/tec...52569B20050FF7...
    >
    > The 440 processor was originally developed by IBM and is being used
    > in the Blue Gene / L super computer.
    >
    > jerry
    > --
    > * * * *// *Jerry Heyman * * *| "Software is the difference between
    > * * * // * Amiga Forever :-) | *hardware and reality"
    > * \\ // * *heym...@acm.org * |
    > * *\X/ * *http://www.hobbeshollow.com

+ Reply to Thread