need help with Debian and Airport Extreme WPA wireless on Mac G5 PPC - Powerpc

This is a discussion on need help with Debian and Airport Extreme WPA wireless on Mac G5 PPC - Powerpc ; I had to bypass the network setup during installation of Debian 40r3 on my Mac G5 PPC . LAN is up now and I would like to get my Airport Extreme WPA wireless working. Could someone explain what I must ...

  1. need help with Debian and Airport Extreme WPA wireless on Mac G5 PPC

    I had to bypass the network setup during installation of Debian 40r3 on
    my Mac G5 PPC . LAN is up now and I would like to get my Airport
    Extreme WPA wireless working. Could someone explain what I must do to
    get this working? The documentation doesn't help much. I am thinking of
    switching over to Linux from Mac OSX but will need net access. I would
    like to get it working in Debian before I try the Ubuntu route.

  2. Re: need help with Debian and Airport Extreme WPA wireless on Mac G5 PPC

    Ram Cell writes:
    >I had to bypass the network setup during installation of Debian 40r3 on
    >my Mac G5 PPC . LAN is up now and I would like to get my Airport
    >Extreme WPA wireless working. Could someone explain what I must do to
    >get this working?

    I did a web search for "Airport Extreme Linux" or "Broadcom Linux" or
    somesuch, looked at the web sites that sounded most promising, and
    followed the advice given there. Sorry, I don't remember exactly what
    I did. You might also want to install network-manager (I didn't).
    Good luck!

    - anton