ARAnyM Running on PowerPC - Powerpc

This is a discussion on ARAnyM Running on PowerPC - Powerpc ; Hi, ARAnyM == ATARI Running on Any Machine, the GNU / GPL ATARI Virtual Machine runs on PlayStation3. It can be launched on PS3 hosted with PPC-Linux with the *Mini Pack* at Because it runs with PPC-Linux on PlayStation3, it ...

  1. ARAnyM Running on PowerPC

    Hi,

    ARAnyM == ATARI Running on Any Machine, the
    GNU / GPL ATARI Virtual Machine runs on PlayStation3. It can be
    launched on PS3 hosted with PPC-Linux with the *Mini Pack* at

    Because it runs with PPC-Linux on PlayStation3, it should also run
    on any PowerPC machine. But I only built and tested it on my own
    80Gb / WiFi / HD-Ready 720p PS3, with Gentoo / Linux.

    Can somebody confirm me that this *Mini Pack* also works on other
    PPC machines apart from PS3 ? It should run on Macintosh machines
    hosted with PPC-Linux for instance, with various distributions ?

    Thanks to help me testing the *Mini Pack* on a PowerPC machine you
    may own, and report it. You'll have to launch `run_ppc.sh` and tell
    me if an ATARI / GEM desktop appears like in

    Thanks all for help

    --
    François LE COAT
    Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)

  2. Re: ARAnyM Running on PowerPC

    Hi,

    The *Gentoo / Linux PlayStation3* _LiveCD_ was updated at

    Many Thanks to *Gentoo / Linux* Developers :-)

    The updated *Mini Pack*
    now supports

    `MacAranym` allows launching on Macintosh with Mac OS X
    `MacAranym JIT` allows launching on MacIntel with Mac OS X
    `run_x86.sh` allows launching on PC with x86-Linux
    `run_ppc.sh` allows launching on Mac _and_ PS3 with PPC-Linux

    So *Macintosh - PC - PlayStation3* are all supported with
    both *Mac OS X and Linux*.

    --

    Francois LE COAT writes :
    > ARAnyM == ATARI Running on Any Machine, the
    > GNU / GPL ATARI Virtual Machine runs on PlayStation3. It can be
    > launched on PS3 hosted with PPC-Linux with the *Mini Pack* at
    >

    > Because it runs with PPC-Linux on PlayStation3, it should also run
    > on any PowerPC machine. But I only built and tested it on my own
    > 80Gb / WiFi / HD-Ready 720p PS3, with Gentoo / Linux.
    >
    > Can somebody confirm me that this *Mini Pack* also works on other
    > PPC machines apart from PS3 ? It should run on Macintosh machines
    > hosted with PPC-Linux for instance, with various distributions ?
    >
    > Thanks to help me testing the *Mini Pack* on a PowerPC machine you
    > may own, and report it. You'll have to launch `run_ppc.sh` and tell
    > me if an ATARI / GEM desktop appears like in

+ Reply to Thread