rhel5 iso ppc where are ? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on rhel5 iso ppc where are ? - Powerpc ; I search RHEL5 for ppc where are they ? I found only rhel-5-beta2 thankyou...

  1. rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    I search RHEL5 for ppc

    where are they ?

    I found only rhel-5-beta2

    thankyou

  2. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 02:55:04 -0700,
    sacarde@gmail.com , in
    <1191146104.452232.3690@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com> wrote:
    >+ I search RHEL5 for ppc
    >+
    >+ where are they ?
    >+
    >+ I found only rhel-5-beta2

    So far as I know, RedHat will cheerfully sell you RHEL, but they won't
    *give* it to you.

    I looked at two RHEL free alternatives, but neither CentOS or Whitebox
    Linux support PPC.

    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    but I found RHEL5 for x86 , x86_64 for free

    only ppc not ?

    why only ppc not ?

  4. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 05:36:36 -0700,
    sacarde@gmail.com , in
    <1191328596.829764.53420@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.co m> wrote:
    >+ but I found RHEL5 for x86 , x86_64 for free

    ISOs? on an official RH mirror?

    isn't looking good, either.

  5. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    On 2007-10-02, sacarde@gmail.com wrote:
    > but I found RHEL5 for x86 , x86_64 for free
    >
    > only ppc not ?
    >
    > why only ppc not ?

    Why don't you ask the admins of the site where you allegedly found x86
    and x86_64 ISOs for RHEL5? They'd certainly know better than we would.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  6. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    On 2007-10-06, sacarde@gmail.com wrote:
    > http://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/lin...a2/server/ppc/

    Did you ask RedHat where the ISOs are? Or are you going to believe
    Darth Aggie now that they don't distribute those ISOs?

    If you really really want RHEL5 for PPC, and not a beta, just buy it.
    If you want some PPC linux, try a different distribution. Yellow Dog
    Linux has some ISOs on their site if you want a distro similar to (but
    not a clone of) RHEL.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  7. Re: rhel5 iso ppc where are ?

    I sign me to 30days free evaluate RHEL

    but I found ppc-iso's are for 64bit only

    p.s.
    enterprise server for ppc 32bit is only SuseLinuxEnterpriseServer

+ Reply to Thread