YELLOWDOG 5.0.2 vs UBUNTU 7.0.4 vs OPENSUSE 10.2 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on YELLOWDOG 5.0.2 vs UBUNTU 7.0.4 vs OPENSUSE 10.2 - Powerpc ; Ok, which of this distros is the best (most compatible, most up-to- date, most user-friendly) for Apple PPC Macs??...

  1. YELLOWDOG 5.0.2 vs UBUNTU 7.0.4 vs OPENSUSE 10.2

    Ok, which of this distros is the best (most compatible, most up-to-
    date, most user-friendly) for Apple PPC Macs??

  2. Re: YELLOWDOG 5.0.2 vs UBUNTU 7.0.4 vs OPENSUSE 10.2

    adri...@accesspro.net ha scritto:

    > Ok, which of this distros is the best (most compatible, most up-to-
    > date, most user-friendly) for Apple PPC Macs??

    for me, I try all of these,

    1) opensuse
    2) ubuntu
    3) ydl

  3. Re: YELLOWDOG 5.0.2 vs UBUNTU 7.0.4 vs OPENSUSE 10.2

    adri...@accesspro.net wrote:
    > Ok, which of this distros is the best (most compatible, most up-to-
    > date, most user-friendly) for Apple PPC Macs??

    the answer is

    ubuntu is the most user-friendly (except for kubuntu ...)

    ydl is the most compatible (at least up to v4)

    suse 10.2 is the most up to date. (now, not 10.1)

    but all around i stick with debian, as each of these
    has its weaknesses too. i tried ydl and looked at suse
    and borrowed from ubuntu ...

    and how about gentoo ?

    p.s. please don't ask "aren't debian and ubuntu the same ?".

    pps the real answer depends on what you do or want to
    do. that is why there are many distros. you can't do
    it all perfect.

    ppps don't forget mandrake (i shouldn't as my dream
    to work for nasa -- who else needs to worry about 10 year
    old computers all the time ??)

+ Reply to Thread