Best Linux distro for G5 mac? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Best Linux distro for G5 mac? - Powerpc ; Hi. I have to start using Linux on my old G5 Mac. What is the best version of Linux (in your opinion) to install, and can anyone give me pointers for info on how to install? I've got a 100GB ...

  1. Best Linux distro for G5 mac?

    Hi. I have to start using Linux on my old G5 Mac. What is the best
    version of Linux (in your opinion) to install, and can anyone give me
    pointers for info on how to install?

    I've got a 100GB partition reserved on a second drive. I can reformat if
    need be, but would prefer not to.

    Thanks.

    Lawson English

  2. Re: Best Linux distro for G5 mac?

  3. Re: Best Linux distro for G5 mac?

    On 2007-07-18 20:57:28 -0700, peterh5322
    said:

    > I've installed from both the DVD and CD distributions. All downloaded
    > from Oregon State's mirrors.

    The ISOs for CD distribution of YDL 5.0.2 are on OSU's mirror now.

+ Reply to Thread