Finding the cause of a checkstop - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Finding the cause of a checkstop - Powerpc ; I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for 30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit ...

  1. Finding the cause of a checkstop

    I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for
    30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running
    Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit in
    the Reset Mode Register (RMR) and halt the board rather than reset it,
    I see that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1
    (TESCR1) is 0x00000000 and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
    Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x80020000. This tells me that there
    was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0x10.

    Besides reviewing my code, is there anything else I should look at to
    pinpoint the cause of the checkstop?

  2. Re: Finding the cause of a checkstop

    On Jul 11, 6:19 pm, Bill wrote:
    > I am getting a checkstop error after my linux device driver runs for
    > 30 to 40 minutes. The board has an MPC8272 processor and I am running
    > Linux 2.4 on it. If I clear the Checkstop Reset Enable (CSRE) bit in
    > the Reset Mode Register (RMR) and halt the board rather than reset it,
    > I see that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1
    > (TESCR1) is 0x00000000 and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
    > Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x80020000. This tells me that there
    > was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0x10.
    >
    > Besides reviewing my code, is there anything else I should look at to
    > pinpoint the cause of the checkstop?

    Excuse me, I have the registers reversed. I see that the 60x Bus
    Transfer Error Status and Control Register 1 (TESCR1) is 0x80020000
    and that the 60x Bus Transfer Error Status and
    Control Register 2 (TESCR2) is 0x000 0000. This tells me that there
    was a 60x bus monitor time-out and that the Transfer Type is 0010b.

  3. Re: Finding the cause of a checkstop

    I have met the same problem,who can help me?

    --
    Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/gr...linux.powerpc/
    More information at http://www.talkaboutcomputing.com/faq.html

+ Reply to Thread