Cannot reinstall Mac OS X after using debian - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Cannot reinstall Mac OS X after using debian - Powerpc ; Hi, I have Debian PPC on my iMac G4 and I am attempting to wipe the disk and install Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). The install DVD fails to boot; the computer only hangs for a while if I hold ...

  1. Cannot reinstall Mac OS X after using debian

    Hi,

    I have Debian PPC on my iMac G4 and I am attempting to wipe the disk
    and install Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). The install DVD fails to boot; the
    computer only hangs for a while if I hold c while starting up. Is
    there a boot loader issue I need to address or something? Thanks in
    advance for the help.

    -Morgan

  2. Re: Cannot reinstall Mac OS X after using debian

    Clear your PRAM (start up holding down command option P R --let it chime
    3 times), and then try again either by holding down the c key, or
    holding down command option shift delete.
    If still no go, it may be the media, try booting from another known good
    disk.

    mgibson1987@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Debian PPC on my iMac G4 and I am attempting to wipe the disk
    > and install Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). The install DVD fails to boot; the
    > computer only hangs for a while if I hold c while starting up. Is
    > there a boot loader issue I need to address or something? Thanks in
    > advance for the help.
    >
    > -Morgan

+ Reply to Thread