Linux gurus

I have a Mac OS X MacMini running Tiger and have installed quite a few
Darwin Linux applications.

Here's my current problem :

A couple of days ago I was wanting to change a few photos to a more
convenient size (1200x960 to 800x600) and decided to run Linux and XV
to do this task.

Everything worked as expected and I managed to have these photos saved
to my desktop, rather than to the Pictures directory on my removable
firewire HD.

Here's however what I would like to get help on. The directory where
I had these raw images saved to has now become an Linux executable
file.
I can't open the directory to see the pictures since the directory
itself
has now become a 3 Meg Linux executable file. How can I recover this
directory? Any help would be appreciated

Mich ( haifeng )