Apple iBook 300MHz (first generation) and Hard Drive - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Apple iBook 300MHz (first generation) and Hard Drive - Powerpc ; Hi all! I've read somewhere that the captioned iBook can be fit with a HD of no more than 30GB. Can some of you confirm this is correct and explain whether the limitation is due to the in-built software for ...

  1. Apple iBook 300MHz (first generation) and Hard Drive

    Hi all!

    I've read somewhere that the captioned iBook can be fit with a HD of no
    more than 30GB.
    Can some of you confirm this is correct and explain whether the
    limitation is due to the in-built software for partitioning the disk or
    any other reason?
    I case the limitation dipends from the house-software, I thought it
    would be possible, in case of a larger disk, to partition it up to the
    maximum capacity Apple sw is able to, and leave to Linux to deal with
    the remaing space ?

    Thanks for your attention.
    Regards,
    Ennio.

    --
    [Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo. \\?//
    Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!" (diceva Henry Miller) ] (|)

  2. Re: Apple iBook 300MHz (first generation) and Hard Drive

    Dear Ennio,

    My daughter has an original 300MHz clamshell G3 iBook and has either a
    60GB or a 80GB drive in it and it works fine, so I do not believe
    there is any such issue in this model.

    In Christ,
    Νικολάος Διάκονος/Диакон Николай
    http://nstanosheck.wordpress.com

    On Feb 8, 5:00 pm, "Ennio-(Sr)" wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I've read somewhere that the captioned iBook can be fit with a HD of no
    > more than 30GB.
    > Can some of you confirm this is correct and explain whether the
    > limitation is due to the in-built software for partitioning the disk or
    > any other reason?
    > I case the limitation dipends from the house-software, I thought it
    > would be possible, in case of a larger disk, to partition it up to the
    > maximum capacity Apple sw is able to, and leave to Linux to deal with
    > the remaing space ?
    >
    > Thanks for your attention.
    > Regards,
    > Ennio.
    >
    > --
    > [Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo. \\?//
    > Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!" (diceva Henry Miller) ] (°|°)
    > Ennio. (Please change . for .dot. and @ for .at. in my Reply-To) )=(

+ Reply to Thread