ydl 4.01 osx boot default - Powerpc

This is a discussion on ydl 4.01 osx boot default - Powerpc ; Hi Folks: I have a G5 with two hard drives, one just OSX and the other just Yellow Dog Linux. The computer boots with the boot-selection screen, which defaults to Linux in 10 seconds or so if no key is ...

  1. ydl 4.01 osx boot default

    Hi Folks:
    I have a G5 with two hard drives, one just OSX and the other just
    Yellow Dog Linux. The computer boots with the boot-selection screen,
    which defaults to Linux in 10 seconds or so if no key is pressed. Can
    I make this default to OS X? I'd still like the boot menu, but just
    have it choose 'X' if there is no key press.
    Thanks!
    HarryHydro

  2. Re: ydl 4.01 osx boot default

    > Hi Folks:
    > I have a G5 with two hard drives, one just OSX and the other just
    > Yellow Dog Linux. The computer boots with the boot-selection screen,
    > which defaults to Linux in 10 seconds or so if no key is pressed. Can
    > I make this default to OS X? I'd still like the boot menu, but just
    > have it choose 'X' if there is no key press.

    Edit /etc/lilo.conf to read

    default = macos

    (or whatever your label is for OS X in the configuration)

    --
    Evan McClain
    /* No Comment */

+ Reply to Thread