Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear. - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear. - Powerpc ; Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Here's what I did: Used ...

  1. Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear.

    Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu
    on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed
    perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9. Here's what I
    did:

    Used Drive Setup and made 4 partitions. The first is for the bootstrap
    (recommended by yaboot)

  2. Re: Linux install causes OS 9 to disappear.

    "Pater Patriae" wrote in message
    <1164602121.125510.326440@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>:
    > Hi everybody! I've been working the last 2 days on installing Ubuntu
    > on my 300 mHz iBook. I followed the manual and my linux installed
    > perfectly, however now I'm unable to boot into OS 9.

    Did you try booting your computer with the "alt" key pressed ?

    bli

+ Reply to Thread