Wireless NIC - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Wireless NIC - Powerpc ; Hello, I'm looking for a wireless NIC that would work inside a BWG3. I'm having a hard time trying to find a hardware compatibility table for wireless NICs and PPC Linux....

  1. Wireless NIC

    Hello, I'm looking for a wireless NIC that would work inside a BWG3.
    I'm having a hard time trying to find a hardware compatibility table
    for wireless NICs and PPC Linux.

  2. Re: Wireless NIC

    On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:49:43 -0700, derekschrock wrote:

    > Hello, I'm looking for a wireless NIC that would work inside a BWG3. I'm
    > having a hard time trying to find a hardware compatibility table for
    > wireless NICs and PPC Linux.

    Get one that is supported by open source drivers, such as the ones in the
    linux kernel (bcm43xx, prism, orinoco) or one supported by the aethros or
    madwifi projects. Avoid those that work only with ndiswrapper as you need
    windows drivers for those.

    I have an Airport Extreme supported by bcm43xx and it works without big
    problems (sometimes connection is lost upon sleep cycles, but it was
    expected).

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux user #264449