LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux - Powerpc

This is a discussion on LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux - Powerpc ; Hello, LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux I have a collection of 6100, 8500, 9500 with a G3 card, PB 3400, WallStreet G3 PB, G4 AGP Tower. All can run Linux (NuBus, Mandrake, Ubuntu have been tried ...

  1. LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux

    Hello,

    LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux

    I have a collection of 6100, 8500, 9500 with a G3 card, PB 3400,
    WallStreet G3 PB, G4 AGP Tower.
    All can run Linux (NuBus, Mandrake, Ubuntu have been tried and tested).
    Is a cluster possible?
    Thanks
    sustain

  2. Re: LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux

    debian has clustering packages.
    i have not tried them, although i might;
    i have a collection somewhat loosely like yours.

    there are also packages for distributing computing, such
    as (re-) compiling large packages.

    do you have your basic LAN going ok ? i think
    for true clustering you need to isolate with
    router/gateway.

    sustain wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > LF: Cluster "How-To" Using Old Power Macs and Linux
    >
    > I have a collection of 6100, 8500, 9500 with a G3 card, PB 3400,
    > WallStreet G3 PB, G4 AGP Tower.
    > All can run Linux (NuBus, Mandrake, Ubuntu have been tried and tested).
    > Is a cluster possible?
    > Thanks
    > sustain

+ Reply to Thread