Power management (sleep) - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Power management (sleep) - Powerpc ; Hello! As you may notice from previous message in this group, I've installed Debian etch on my iMac. Things pretty much work (including bluetooth mouse). Now I'm concerned with power management - I guess it's possible to make iMac sleep/suspend ...

  1. Power management (sleep)

    Hello!

    As you may notice from previous message in this group, I've installed
    Debian etch on my iMac. Things pretty much work (including bluetooth
    mouse). Now I'm concerned with power management - I guess it's possible
    to make iMac sleep/suspend (stop disks, look like turned off as it
    did with MacOS. But there are lots of options out there. I tried some,
    nothing worked like I expected out of the box.
    What is known working approach? apmd? powersaved? Gnome Power Manager?
    What are commands to put it to sleep forcefully?
    Visible changes occured with hibernate (screen distorted, computer
    hanged) and powersaved (brightness was reduced).

    Thanks,
    Dmitri

  2. Re: Power management (sleep)

    yavannadil@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > As you may notice from previous message in this group, I've installed
    > Debian etch on my iMac. Things pretty much work (including bluetooth
    > mouse). Now I'm concerned with power management - I guess it's possible
    > to make iMac sleep/suspend (stop disks, look like turned off as it
    > did with MacOS. But there are lots of options out there. I tried some,
    > nothing worked like I expected out of the box.
    > What is known working approach? apmd? powersaved? Gnome Power Manager?
    > What are commands to put it to sleep forcefully?
    > Visible changes occured with hibernate (screen distorted, computer
    > hanged) and powersaved (brightness was reduced).
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Dmitri

    I know there is a project called powerbook buttons daemon under gentoo
    you just install it activate and all powermanagment is working whithout
    problem.

  3. Re: Power management (sleep)

    abelenda писал(а):

    > I know there is a project called powerbook buttons daemon under gentoo
    > you just install it activate and all powermanagment is working whithout
    > problem.

    Well, I followed the advice given in the last thread and installed
    Ubuntu. It sleeps.

+ Reply to Thread