    Kernel come with Broadcom 43xx support built in. That was about the
    collest thing anyone could have done.

  2. Re: Still No Flash

    On 2006-04-24, mathew wrote:

    > As a matter of Fact I can say that the lack of a Flash player for PPC
    > linux is my absolute only complaint, that is now that the new Fedora
    > Kernel come with Broadcom 43xx support built in. That was about the
    > collest thing anyone could have done.

    It's the linux kernel, not the Fedora Kernel. And 43xx support has been
    available for a few months, if you were willing to download separate
    source trees.

    Beyond that, I'm not sure what the point of your post was, other than to
    vent, which isn't often helpful.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  3. Re: Still No Flash

    Actually the point was to make sure no one forgot about the flash
    issue, you know, just making sure that no one has gotten copasetic
    about the whole thing.

    And yes 43xx has been around for some months now, I actually had it
    working in a 2.6.14 kernel, however I spent forever making it work, and
    had to forfeit sound and some other comforts. After all that work I
    gave up until the kernel with the support was available. Then I tried
    building 2.6.16 from linux.org because it had the supportin it, however
    I could never get the module to modprobe.

    So the fact that I found a kernel that fedora had in development and it
    all worked from the start is what made my life so much better.

    Anyway.. Free Martha Stewart, and keep haraasing Adobe-Macromedia until
    they comply. Those bastards are releasing an x86_64 bit version in 8.5
    so thay should throw in linux ppc.

+ Reply to Thread