Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini? - Powerpc ; Burnt it using Toast Titanium, and held down the 'c' key when rebooting a PPC mac mini w/256 ram, OS X 10.4. The Live CD doesn't seem to be recognized by the mini, and does not show up in the ...

  1. Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini?

    Burnt it using Toast Titanium, and held down the 'c' key when rebooting
    a PPC mac mini w/256 ram, OS X 10.4. The Live CD doesn't seem to be
    recognized by the mini, and does not show up in the Startup Disc
    control panel.

    Am I missing something important? Some kind of boot manager required on
    the mini?

  2. Re: Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini?

    No, you did the right thing.

    Either something is wrong with your disk, or you don't have your
    keyboard connected directly to you mac (usb-hub?).

    Try holding the alt-key when computer starts up.

  3. Re: Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini?

    "AtomicBob" wrote in message
    <1143765043.214507.197360@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups. com>:
    > Burnt it using Toast Titanium, and held down the 'c' key when rebooting
    > a PPC mac mini w/256 ram, OS X 10.4. The Live CD doesn't seem to be
    > recognized by the mini, and does not show up in the Startup Disc
    > control panel.

    Is your CD containing the iso file or does it contain all the filesystem
    that can be seen when the iso file is mounted (I think this can be done
    whith Disk Utility) ?

    bli

  4. Re: Downloaded and burned Live Ubuntu PPC iso, no boot on PPC mini?

    Yes, I did see the filesystem on the cdrom after burning it using
    toast's disk image mode. All the folders were there, but nothing
    labeled 'system', is that unusual?

+ Reply to Thread