Code for Installing Yellow Dog onto Old Mac - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Code for Installing Yellow Dog onto Old Mac - Powerpc ; I have an older Mac system that I want to install Yellow Dog 4.0 on. I have a very old version of MKLinux running on it now. Does anyone know the command/code in RPM to install YellowDog from a CD? ...

  1. Code for Installing Yellow Dog onto Old Mac

    I have an older Mac system that I want to install Yellow Dog 4.0 on. I
    have a very old version of MKLinux running on it now. Does anyone know
    the command/code in RPM to install YellowDog from a CD? Also running an
    older BIOS (Mac 8.6) and can't boot from this system.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Code for Installing Yellow Dog onto Old Mac

    On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:21:46 -0500, reid anderson wrote:

    > Does anyone know
    > the command/code in RPM to install YellowDog from a CD?

    Sorry? What do you mean?

    You should look for information on how to install linux on an OldWorld
    machine. IIRC you need a working MacOS installation to install linux on
    those machines.

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449

  3. Re: Code for Installing Yellow Dog onto Old Mac

    On 2006-03-19, Jack Malmostoso wrote:

    > You should look for information on how to install linux on an OldWorld
    > machine. IIRC you need a working MacOS installation to install linux on
    > those machines.

    If you're talking OldWorld but still PPC, that's not true. You do need
    MacOS if you don't plan on using quik (or for whatever reason can't get
    it to work). I don't know from YDL, but some of the newer PPC distros
    don't include quik.

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)