fan control - Powerpc

This is a discussion on fan control - Powerpc ; hello there, is there a working fan control system for debian unstable ppc available? the whole fan subsystem is running all the time. anybody an idea?...

  1. fan control

    hello there,

    is there a working fan control system for debian unstable ppc available?
    the whole fan subsystem is running all the time.

    anybody an idea?

  2. Re: fan control

    On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:43:49 +0000, Alex Bihlmaier wrote:

    > is there a working fan control system for debian unstable ppc available?
    > the whole fan subsystem is running all the time.
    >
    > anybody an idea?

    Depends on which system you are running debian on... for example on my
    iBook G4 you have to load the therm_adt746x kernel module.

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux User #264449

  3. Re: fan control

    On 2006-02-28, Jack Malmostoso wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:43:49 +0000, Alex Bihlmaier wrote:
    >
    >> is there a working fan control system for debian unstable ppc available?
    >> the whole fan subsystem is running all the time.
    >>
    >> anybody an idea?

    > Depends on which system you are running debian on... for example on my
    > iBook G4 you have to load the therm_adt746x kernel module.

    Desktop G5, i have.
    And i dont have therm_adt746x

  4. Re: fan control

    On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:51:32 +0000, Alex Bihlmaier wrote:

    > Desktop G5, i have.

    Desktop does not mean anything. iMac or Powermac?

    > And i dont have therm_adt746x

    Which kernel are you running?

    Follow this thread in the Debian PPC Mailing List, looks like in 2.6.16
    something should be in for iMacs:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-power.../msg00267.html

    --
    Best Regards, Jack