Mandriva 2005LE on Beige G3 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Mandriva 2005LE on Beige G3 - Powerpc ; I'm trying to install this on my beige G3, but during boot, I get: "FATAL ERROR: error initializing" I can't recover from this You can reboot your computer now I burned two different sets of CD's at 2x and 4x, ...

  1. Mandriva 2005LE on Beige G3

    I'm trying to install this on my beige G3, but during boot, I get:
    "FATAL ERROR: error initializing"

    I can't recover from this
    You can reboot your computer now

    I burned two different sets of CD's at 2x and 4x, I've seen this to be a
    factor with some distro's after downloading the ISO using curl from the
    OSX terminal. I then used DIsk Utility to burn the images. Am I missing
    something else? Any ideas?
    Thanks

    --
    "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken"
    --The Full Monty

  2. Re: Mandriva 2005LE on Beige G3

    I tried a few different CD installs and the only one that worked was
    Gentoo 2004.3. I think I might try to install Debian using OS X and
    yaboot. That doesn't require any CD, just some image files and the
    ability to boot into OF.

  3. Re: Mandriva 2005LE on Beige G3

    In article ,
    "David Gurvich" wrote:

    > I tried a few different CD installs and the only one that worked was
    > Gentoo 2004.3. I think I might try to install Debian using OS X and
    > yaboot. That doesn't require any CD, just some image files and the
    > ability to boot into OF.

    I finally got the gui installer to work. It wasn't pretty, but it looked
    good enough to complete the install

    --
    "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken"
    --The Full Monty

+ Reply to Thread