MOL and AirportExtreme - Powerpc

This is a discussion on MOL and AirportExtreme - Powerpc ; Hello. Anyone know a quick method to recover your mac osX after shutdown MOL without deactivating airport first? For now, I'm using panther instalation disk 1, and run DiskUtility from there to repair my HPFS journaled disk, and everythink is ...

  1. MOL and AirportExtreme

    Hello.

    Anyone know a quick method to recover your mac osX after shutdown MOL
    without deactivating airport first?
    For now, I'm using panther instalation disk 1, and run DiskUtility from
    there to repair my HPFS journaled disk, and everythink is working after...
    But is a long and painfull process for smth that simple as quick quiting
    MOL

    Any ideea is wellcomed,
    Bodhi

  2. Re: MOL and AirportExtreme

    bodhi wrote:
    > Anyone know a quick method to recover your mac osX after shutdown MOL
    > without deactivating airport first?

    Yeah... don't do it

    Seriously, I don't use the Airport Extreme hack, and MOL still corrupts
    my OSX partition to some extent pretty much every time if I don't shut
    it down properly. In fact, even selecting Shut Down on the Apple menu
    usually breaks it... selecting Restart instead seems to be about the
    only 'safe' way to shut it down for me. (Since Restart doesn't really
    restart in this case, of course.)

+ Reply to Thread