Oracle Client for Linux on PPC (iBook)? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Oracle Client for Linux on PPC (iBook)? - Powerpc ; Hi all, Well, I've been searching around...and from what I'm seeing...there is no way to get Oracle or Oracle client software (SQL*Plus...etc) running on Linux PPC? If this not the case...can anyone point me to the download? If this is ...

  1. Oracle Client for Linux on PPC (iBook)?

    Hi all,

    Well, I've been searching around...and from what I'm seeing...there is
    no way to get Oracle or Oracle client software (SQL*Plus...etc) running
    on Linux PPC?

    If this not the case...can anyone point me to the download?

    If this is the case....any suggestions on a good tool similar to
    SQL*Plus that I can use on Linux PPC to connect to and admin. my Oracle
    databases?

    I've been run out of NOLA by Katrina...and all I got out with mostly,
    is my iBook I was playing with...it dual boots with OSX and Linux. The
    OSX partition is VERY small...mostly devoted the thing to Linux. I saw
    that Oracle supports Oracle for OSX...but, I can't use that due to
    space constraints...so, looking for some way to use the Linux partition
    on the ppc.

    Thanks in advance,

    chilecayenne

  2. Re: Oracle Client for Linux on PPC (iBook)?

    Chilecayenne:

    You can download the Oracle 10gR2 DB SW from this link:

    Oracle Database 10g Client Release 2 (10.2.0.1.0) for Linux PowerPC

    http://download.oracle.com/otn/linux...in_ppc.cpio.gz

    Hope this help.

    Regards,
    Stephen Lee