    use blackboxwm, and you *need* to right-click to do anything! How can I
    get a right-click?

  2. Re: blackboxwm right-click on ppc

    On 2005-11-14, danm wrote:
    > I,ve been using Linux for years on x86, but just got a mac powerbook
    > titanium G4. Still in the early stages of messing around. I'd like to
    > use blackboxwm, and you *need* to right-click to do anything! How can I
    > get a right-click?

    Google for "mouse button emulation", maybe sticking in "powerbook" or
    the name of your distro. This will set emulation at a lower level than
    X, but it should work fine. (I never had any problems with it.)

    --keith

    (try just my userid to email me)

  3. Re: blackboxwm right-click on ppc

    danm wrote:
    > I,ve been using Linux for years on x86, but just got a mac powerbook
    > titanium G4. Still in the early stages of messing around. I'd like to
    > use blackboxwm, and you *need* to right-click to do anything! How can I
    > get a right-click?

    set CONFIG_MAC_EMUMOUSEBTN=y (under Device Drivers | Macintosh
    Device Drivers) in your kernel config. that way, you can pick any key on
    the keyboard to emulate a right-click. you can also select a key to emulate
    a middle-click.

    i assume that whatever distro you installed, it will already have this
    kernel option enabled. now, i put the following in my rc.local:

    if [ -e /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation ] ; then
    echo 127 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
    echo 96 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
    fi

    the third echo is necessary to enable emulation. the other two are keycodes
    that you can find with showkeys from a linux virtual terminal (not within
    X!)

    HTH

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9

  4. Re: blackboxwm right-click on ppc

    Thanks for the info Keith and Joost. I see you guys all the time on
    aols. Nice surprise to see you here too. (Naturally I chose Slackintosh
    for my first ppc distro.)
    Dan

  5. Re: blackboxwm right-click on ppc

    danm wrote:
    > (Naturally I chose Slackintosh
    > for my first ppc distro.)

    naturally. ;-) especially with the great job the slackintosh guys are
    doing.

    --
    Joost Kremers joostkremers@yahoo.com
    EN:SiS(9