Mounting apple-ufs on linux - rw? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Mounting apple-ufs on linux - rw? - Powerpc ; Not sure that this is the right group, but anyway . . . Running Gentoo on an x86. I have an external drive which was formatted by OSX. I can access the partitions (volumes?) ro using mount -t hfsplus. One ...

  1. Mounting apple-ufs on linux - rw?

    Not sure that this is the right group, but anyway . . .

    Running Gentoo on an x86. I have an external drive which was formatted
    by OSX. I can access the partitions (volumes?) ro using mount -t
    hfsplus. One partition, however, was formatted with Apple_UFS. After
    much struggle, I can mount it by:

    mount -t ufs -o ro,ufs type=44bsd /dev/sda12 /mnt/alien

    I really need, however, to get rw going. Is that at all possible?
    Thanks. BTW, no longer have access to the Mac at all, so if anything's
    to be done, it'll have to be with x86 Linux.

  2. Re: Mounting apple-ufs on linux - rw?

    On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:12:12 -0500
    jb_gets_no_spam@home.now wrote:

    > Not sure that this is the right group, but anyway . . .
    >
    > Running Gentoo on an x86. I have an external drive which was formatted
    > by OSX. I can access the partitions (volumes?) ro using mount -t
    > hfsplus. One partition, however, was formatted with Apple_UFS. After
    > much struggle, I can mount it by:
    >
    > mount -t ufs -o ro,ufs type=44bsd /dev/sda12 /mnt/alien
    >
    > I really need, however, to get rw going. Is that at all possible?
    > Thanks. BTW, no longer have access to the Mac at all, so if anything's
    > to be done, it'll have to be with x86 Linux.

    AFAIK the linux kernel still doesn't include write support for UFS.

    ecs

+ Reply to Thread