iBook microphone - Powerpc

This is a discussion on iBook microphone - Powerpc ; Hello Did someone get the microphone of an iBook working? If I turn on the monitor output via alsamixer I get a feedback, it is working physically. But I can't get a digital signal out of it. Maybe only an ...

  1. iBook microphone

    Hello

    Did someone get the microphone of an iBook working?
    If I turn on the monitor output via alsamixer I get a feedback, it is
    working physically.
    But I can't get a digital signal out of it.
    Maybe only an alsa switch is missing?

    Paolo

  2. Re: iBook microphone

    Paolo Peruzzi wrote:
    > Hello

    Hi Paolo,

    > Did someone get the microphone of an iBook working?
    > If I turn on the monitor output via alsamixer I get a feedback, it is
    > working physically.
    > But I can't get a digital signal out of it.
    > Maybe only an alsa switch is missing?

    Did you find out anything about it? I'd like to test some VOIP software in
    the near future but without a working microphone ... ;-)

    > Paolo

    regards
    Thorsten
    --
    http://www.tgunkel.de

  3. Re: iBook microphone

    On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:56:41 +0100, Thorsten Gunkel
    wrote:

    Hello.
    From alsamixer you need to set "Input Source" to microphone. Default is to
    "line".
    For testing:
    arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav -D default foobar2.wav
    aplay foobar2.wav
    Probably you can do it by command line, but well...this is for your
    homework

    Bodhi
    > Paolo Peruzzi wrote:
    >> Hello

    > Hi Paolo,
    >
    >> Did someone get the microphone of an iBook working?
    >> If I turn on the monitor output via alsamixer I get a feedback, it is
    >> working physically.
    >> But I can't get a digital signal out of it.
    >> Maybe only an alsa switch is missing?

    > Did you find out anything about it? I'd like to test some VOIP software
    > in
    > the near future but without a working microphone ... ;-)
    >
    >> Paolo

    > regards
    > Thorsten

+ Reply to Thread