how to uninstall new kernel - Powerpc

This is a discussion on how to uninstall new kernel - Powerpc ; hi guys, what i did: dpkg -i linux-image-2.6-powerpc_2.6.12-10_powerpc.deb Installed the kernel, but my monitor shows no bootsequence, it is "out of range". Why? What config is used by the new kernel? Anything else to do? How do I uninstall the ...

  1. how to uninstall new kernel

    hi guys,

    what i did:
    dpkg -i linux-image-2.6-powerpc_2.6.12-10_powerpc.deb

    Installed the kernel, but my monitor shows no bootsequence, it is "out of
    range". Why?
    What config is used by the new kernel? Anything else to do?
    How do I uninstall the new kernel and make the old default again?

  2. Re: how to uninstall new kernel

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:22:11 +0200,
    Oliver Bleckmann , in
    wrote:

    >+ dpkg -i linux-image-2.6-powerpc_2.6.12-10_powerpc.deb

    >+ Installed the kernel, but my monitor shows no bootsequence, it is "out of
    >+ range". Why?

    A difference in the frame buffer? does it eventually give you an X window?

    >+ What config is used by the new kernel? Anything else to do?

    The configuration is located in /boot/config-2.6.12-10powerpc (or
    similar).

    >+ How do I uninstall the new kernel and make the old default again?

    # dpkg -P linux-image-2.6-powerpc

    -P means "remove and purge files". If you don't want to purge files,
    then you only need "-r" (remove).

    You may need a live CD to boot from if you can't get access some
    other way (ssh?).

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: how to uninstall new kernel

    How do I set the old kernel as default in yaboot?

  4. Re: how to uninstall new kernel

    Oliver Bleckmann wrote:
    > How do I set the old kernel as default in yaboot?

    Just make that configuration the topmost in /etc/yaboot.conf.

+ Reply to Thread