Hello all,

I'm trying to write a device driver in linux for a PowerPC processor.
The device has been allocated a range of addresses in the physical
address space of the processor (IBM 440GP) - from 0x100000000 -
0x13fffffff.

I'm not sure how to request this range of physical memory from the
kernel. I thought I could use ioremap to map this range into the
virtual space, but ioremap takes only an unsigned long as an argument,
which is only 32 bits. I don't think I can represent the range of my
device with 32 bits.

Could someone tell me how to solve the problem? I want this range of
physical addresses to be associated with my device driver and how do I
do that?

Thanks in advance,
G.Sibi