Still no sound for MacMini? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Still no sound for MacMini? - Powerpc ; Hi, I have a MacMini with Debian Sarge. Is there still no sounddriver available for the Mac Mini? I read about some patches, but I am new to Linux and don't understand, how to make it. It seems as if ...

  1. Still no sound for MacMini?

    Hi,
    I have a MacMini with Debian Sarge.
    Is there still no sounddriver available for the Mac Mini?
    I read about some patches, but I am new to Linux and don't understand,
    how to make it. It seems as if there are still problems...
    Does anyone know an easy way to get sound work?
    I need a tutorial or something...
    I have already tested to use a patched kernel, without success...
    (doesn't matter why, managed to boot etc. but not satisfied with it)
    A simple drive or patch and some instructions how to use/ apply it
    whould be nice. I don't whant to do changes to the kernel or anything
    that blows my configuration.
    If you have any suggestions...
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Still no sound for MacMini?

    In article ,
    "Oliver Bleckmann" wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have a MacMini with Debian Sarge.
    > Is there still no sounddriver available for the Mac Mini?
    > I read about some patches, but I am new to Linux and don't understand,
    > how to make it. It seems as if there are still problems...
    > Does anyone know an easy way to get sound work?
    > I need a tutorial or something...
    > I have already tested to use a patched kernel, without success...
    > (doesn't matter why, managed to boot etc. but not satisfied with it)
    > A simple drive or patch and some instructions how to use/ apply it
    > whould be nice. I don't whant to do changes to the kernel or anything
    > that blows my configuration.
    > If you have any suggestions...
    > Thanks.

    yellowdoglinux ???

  3. Re: Still no sound for MacMini?

    "Song for Debbie H" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > yellowdoglinux ???

    I don't want to change...

  4. Re: Still no sound for MacMini?

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:50:45 +0200, Oliver Bleckmann wrote:

    > I don't want to change...

    IIRC in latest kernel there should be a basic support for sound (i.e. no
    mixer). Try pulling the linux-image-2.6.12 from unstable, and look in the
    google archive of linux.debian.ports.powerpc.

    --
    Best Regards, Jack
    Linux user #264449