Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500 - Powerpc ; I followed the advice of Andrea and was able to at least get to the beginning of the loading process. After I indicate to load from the CDROM drive the installer attempts to load the driver for the SCSI adapter ...

  1. Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500

    I followed the advice of Andrea and was able to at least get to the
    beginning of the loading process. After I indicate to load from the CDROM
    drive the installer attempts to load the driver for the SCSI adapter and
    then locks up. ANyone have any advise on how to get around this?
    Scott.

  2. Re: Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500

    JS McAuley schrieb:
    > I followed the advice of Andrea and was able to at least get to the
    > beginning of the loading process. After I indicate to load from the CDROM
    > drive the installer attempts to load the driver for the SCSI adapter and
    > then locks up. ANyone have any advise on how to get around this?
    > Scott.

    Scott,

    this won't really help you, but I gave up installing LE2005 on my
    tangerine iBook. With gui install, I didn't even reach language
    selection, text install had buggy video even with "video=ofonly" and did
    not lead to a bootable system. I switched back to official Mdk 9.1 which
    supports my hardware faily well. Not sure if I'll give Mdk 2006 a
    try--I'll probably have a closer look at ubuntu...

    Alf

  3. Re: Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500

    Thanks Alf,
    Scott.
    "Alf" wrote in message
    > JS McAuley schrieb:
    > > I followed the advice of Andrea and was able to at least get to the
    > > beginning of the loading process. After I indicate to load from the

    CDROM
    > > drive the installer attempts to load the driver for the SCSI adapter and
    > > then locks up. ANyone have any advise on how to get around this?
    > > Scott.
    > >

    > Scott,
    >
    > this won't really help you, but I gave up installing LE2005 on my
    > tangerine iBook. With gui install, I didn't even reach language
    > selection, text install had buggy video even with "video=ofonly" and did
    > not lead to a bootable system. I switched back to official Mdk 9.1 which
    > supports my hardware faily well. Not sure if I'll give Mdk 2006 a
    > try--I'll probably have a closer look at ubuntu...
    >
    > Alf

  4. Re: Trouble loading Mandriva 2005LE on umax c500

    JS McAuley wrote:

    > Thanks Alf,
    > Scott.
    > "Alf" wrote in message
    >> JS McAuley schrieb:
    >> > I followed the advice of Andrea and was able to at least get to the
    >> > beginning of the loading process. After I indicate to load from the

    > CDROM
    >> > drive the installer attempts to load the driver for the SCSI adapter
    >> > and then locks up. ANyone have any advise on how to get around this?
    >> > Scott.

    May be if you jump crtl alt f2 in other console you can modprobe there the
    module you need ever cd in lib/modules .
    Andrea

+ Reply to Thread