How to mount a DVD ?? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on How to mount a DVD ?? - Powerpc ; I have a DVDrom, but it seems linux (YDL) doesnt see it/mount it ... How can I mount it ?? And Xine is the prog to look at video's ??...

  1. How to mount a DVD ??

    I have a DVDrom, but it seems linux (YDL) doesnt see it/mount it ...

    How can I mount it ??

    And Xine is the prog to look at video's ??

  2. Re: How to mount a DVD ??

    In article <1125584915.662068.99840@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    mcv@wanadoo.be writes:
    > I have a DVDrom, but it seems linux (YDL) doesnt see it/mount it ...
    >
    > How can I mount it ??

    Insert it in your system, run "mount /dev/cdrom". Usually, that'll work
    (the exact command depends on your exact system configuration)

    > And Xine is the prog to look at video's ??

    Yeah. For clarity, you're aware that you don't need to mount a DVD if
    you want to look at a video?

    pavement is precisely one bananosecond

  3. Re: How to mount a DVD ??

    mcv@wanadoo.be wrote:

    > I have a DVDrom, but it seems linux (YDL) doesnt see it/mount it ...

    Using Yellow Dog Linux ?

    > How can I mount it ??

    You can do it in the cli mode with the follow commands (as user) :

    # TO MOUNT
    david@neptune:~$ mount /media/cdrom0
    # TO UNMOUNT
    david@neptune:~$ umount /media/cdrom0

    If you have a graphical desktop environment like 'KDE', you must simply
    click on the CD-ROM/DVD icon in you're favourite file manager (ex
    'Konqueror') or on the desktop.

    > And Xine is the prog to look at video's ??

    I think yes. I use 'Totem Movie Player', it work fine and do good his
    job :-) Or there also 'ogle', 'okle', an many others on my 'Debian Sarge'.

    --
    David Van Mosselbeen - Debian Sarge user
    davidDOTvanDOTmosselbeen@telenet.be

+ Reply to Thread