Hi,
I'm having difficulties with YDL4 on my Beige G3. YDL doesn't seem to
recognize the floppy drive at all. I've done "mkdir /mnt/floppy" and
then tried "mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy" but get "/dev/fd0 is not a
valid Block Drive". I then tried "modprobe -a floppy" and got "WARNING
Module floppy not found". Same thing with "modprobe -a ide-floppy".
I also tried adding "/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner 0 0" to my
/etc/fstab to no avail.... also tried "/dev/fd0a and /dev/sd0" neither
worked. Any suggestions on this..... also lsmod does not list floppy or
anything resembling it. The only reference to floppy in the boot log is:
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide. Any help would be appreciated, as I
would like to use the floppy drive to create some linux boot disks for
an old laptop I've got. Thanks for you attention!