avnet ppc440GX eval board - Powerpc

This is a discussion on avnet ppc440GX eval board - Powerpc ; I have an avnet 440GX eval board with U-boot 1.02 burned in as the ROM monitor. I am trying to boot a linux kernel. When I do a bootm, after the bootp to load the kernel it appears as though ...

  1. avnet ppc440GX eval board

    I have an avnet 440GX eval board with U-boot 1.02 burned in as the ROM
    monitor. I am trying to boot a linux kernel. When I do a bootm, after
    the bootp to load the kernel it appears as though the kernel has hung
    at:

    Uncompressing Linux kernel .... OK

    Then nothing, I don't believe it is a baud rate setting because when I
    run tcpdump on the NFS & DHCP server I have hooked to the board, I
    never see any ethernet traffic from the board, therefore I believe
    something is wrong.

    There could be many things I suppose, but I have a BDI-2000 I am trying
    to configure to debug the problem but I am having trouble with the .cfg
    file, does anyone have a predefined .cfg for this board? Has anyone
    successfully booted linux on this board?

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: avnet ppc440GX eval board

    BTW, I am using a 2.6.9 kernel from TimeSys.

+ Reply to Thread