Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 -- Force Text Install? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 -- Force Text Install? - Powerpc ; Hey folks, I just downloaded and burned the 4.0.1 install CDs, got BootX all setup on my Beige G3, but things at the installer level seem to want more resolution or refresh than my poor litle 14" Apple monitor has ...

  1. Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 -- Force Text Install?

    Hey folks,

    I just downloaded and burned the 4.0.1 install CDs, got BootX all setup
    on my Beige G3, but things at the installer level seem to want more
    resolution or refresh than my poor litle 14" Apple monitor has capacity
    for (640x480, 67Hz -- I've passed video= to the kernel, so that part
    understands my video hardware at least) ). Is there any way to FORCE a
    text-mode install all the way through this thing, totally eschewing the
    graphical installer? Is there an argument I can enter at the kernel
    level to pass through? I'm fairly new to all this, but I am eager to
    learn a little something.

    Any help or comments mas appreciated,
    -Wendell
    --
    web: www.meetro.com phone: 312.275.7865 fax: 312.275.7865 icq: 12107743
    skyp: wendell_iii msn: wadmoose@hotmail.com gg: 7116285 aim: wadm00se

  2. Re: Yellow Dog Linux 4.0.1 -- Force Text Install?

    Never mind guys, I just discovered the "no video driver" checkbox.

    --
    web: www.meetro.com phone: 312.275.7865 fax: 312.275.7865 icq: 12107743
    skyp: wendell_iii msn: wadmoose@hotmail.com gg: 7116285 aim: wadm00se

+ Reply to Thread