how to clone an iBook's harddrive? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on how to clone an iBook's harddrive? - Powerpc ; Hello. I have a dual boot with gentoo and OS X. Now I want to switch the 20G hardrive with an 80G. I can't clone the discs connected both to the iBook. I have running a NFS server. Is it ...

  1. how to clone an iBook's harddrive?

    Hello.

    I have a dual boot with gentoo and OS X.
    Now I want to switch the 20G hardrive with an 80G.
    I can't clone the discs connected both to the iBook.

    I have running a NFS server. Is it possible to do a "dd" from every
    partition towards a nfs mounted directory?
    Would Mac's HFS+ work with a usual "cp -a"?

    thanks,
    Paolo

  2. Re: how to clone an iBook's harddrive?

    Ciao Paolo Peruzzi, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > I have running a NFS server. Is it possible to do a "dd" from every
    > partition towards a nfs mounted directory?
    > Would Mac's HFS+ work with a usual "cp -a"?

    Why don't you give a try to Partimage?

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

  3. Re: how to clone an iBook's harddrive?

    does your ibook have firewire?
    if so boot it with [T] held down. this will take you into target disk mode.
    now plug the ibook into another computer with a firewire cable, and you can mount the ibooks harddrive like it was a normal external hard drive

    sam tygier

    Paolo Peruzzi wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I have a dual boot with gentoo and OS X.
    > Now I want to switch the 20G hardrive with an 80G.
    > I can't clone the discs connected both to the iBook.
    >
    > I have running a NFS server. Is it possible to do a "dd" from every
    > partition towards a nfs mounted directory?
    > Would Mac's HFS+ work with a usual "cp -a"?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Paolo

+ Reply to Thread