CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook? - Powerpc ; Hi. Little bit confused about my iBooks keyboard: How can I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL Reset on the iBook? What about Sysreq, is it supported by PPC-Kernel? If my gentoo-kernel fails I get a minimal system, where reboot or init doesn't ...

  1. CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook?

    Hi.

    Little bit confused about my iBooks keyboard:

    How can I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL Reset on the iBook?
    What about Sysreq, is it supported by PPC-Kernel?

    If my gentoo-kernel fails I get a minimal system, where reboot or init
    doesn't exist. Thus I have to power down and up again.

    Thanks,
    Paolo

  2. Re: CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook?

    Paolo Peruzzi wrote:
    > Hi.

    > Little bit confused about my iBooks keyboard:

    > How can I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL Reset on the iBook?

    Fn-CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE.

    > What about Sysreq, is it supported by PPC-Kernel?

    In principle yes, only the keyboard has no Sysrq-key ;-)
    I wrote a small patch emulating Sysreq by Fn-ESC, analogue to the
    DEL-Emuation by Fn-BS.

    HTH,

    Joerg

  3. Re: CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook?

    Am Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:13:56 +0000 schrieb Joerg Dorchain:

    >> How can I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL Reset on the iBook?

    > Fn-CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE.

    Doesn't work for me.
    I tried on gentoo.

    > In principle yes, only the keyboard has no Sysrq-key ;-)
    > I wrote a small patch emulating Sysreq by Fn-ESC, analogue to the
    > DEL-Emuation by Fn-BS.

    Ok, that option is not as important as CTRL-ALT-BS.
    You wrote a real kernel patch? Will it come to the PPC-Kernel?

    Paolo

  4. Re: CTRL-ALT-DEL on iBook?

    Am Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:21:18 +0200 schrieb Paolo Peruzzi:

    >>> How can I do a CTRL-ALT-DEL Reset on the iBook?

    >> Fn-CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE.

    > Doesn't work for me.
    > I tried on gentoo.

    Ok, worked on the gentoo-live CD.

    I needed the "reset call" because the installed gentoo is not fully
    funcional yet. There, it doesn't work.

    Paolo

+ Reply to Thread