PCI WiFi and USB cards for beige G3 and Linux? - Powerpc

This is a discussion on PCI WiFi and USB cards for beige G3 and Linux? - Powerpc ; Hi Folks, I have just brought an aging PowerMac G3/266MHz back to life with and extra 256Mb RAM and YellowDog 3.0.1 Linux. It seems like its going to be a nice little machine and good for a few more years. ...

  1. PCI WiFi and USB cards for beige G3 and Linux?

    Hi Folks,

    I have just brought an aging PowerMac G3/266MHz back to life with and
    extra 256Mb RAM and YellowDog 3.0.1 Linux. It seems like its going to
    be a nice little machine and good for a few more years.

    I currently have a wireless network in my house and was wondering if
    its possible to get a wireless PCI card that will work with Linux on a
    PowerPC.

    Also, I would like to use the system using a USB KVM, and was
    wondering about support for third party USB or USB/FireWire cards.

    Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with either of
    these two subjects?

    Thanks,

    Andrew McCall

  2. Re: PCI WiFi and USB cards for beige G3 and Linux?

    Ciao Andrew McCall, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > I currently have a wireless network in my house and was wondering if
    > its possible to get a wireless PCI card that will work with Linux on a
    > PowerPC.

    Anything based on prism and orinoco chipsets will do just fine.

    > Also, I would like to use the system using a USB KVM, and was
    > wondering about support for third party USB or USB/FireWire cards.

    Those PCI cards work just fine with linux.

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

+ Reply to Thread