network configuration ... help needed ... urgent thx - Powerpc

This is a discussion on network configuration ... help needed ... urgent thx - Powerpc ; Hi guys, girls ... I'm looking for some help how to make my pegasos II ppc plateform with yellowdoglinux 4.0 communicate with my other windows XP plateform ... I tried to share some folders on the linux side, execute samba ...

  1. network configuration ... help needed ... urgent thx

    Hi guys, girls ...

    I'm looking for some help how to make my pegasos II ppc plateform with
    yellowdoglinux 4.0 communicate with my other windows XP plateform ...

    I tried to share some folders on the linux side, execute samba , parametered
    the firewall under linux, check each configuration point on the XP side to
    allow the connections .... when I executed a ping under a DOS command
    prompt, it gives me an answer but when I tried to ping under an xterm
    window, it did not give me any answer ...

    Can you please help me to solve this issue ... thanks a lot

    ludovic.degrave@free.fr

    All documentations are well accepted .... no spam please ... :-))

  2. Re: network configuration ... help needed ... urgent thx

    Ciao Ludovic De Grave, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > when I executed a ping under a DOS command
    > prompt, it gives me an answer but when I tried to ping under an xterm
    > window, it did not give me any answer ...

    Ok, this is a stupid question but -hey- let's try it. Are you using a
    crossover cable to connect the two machines?

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

+ Reply to Thread