Network Trouble - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Network Trouble - Powerpc ; I have just installed debian on my old slot loading iMac with the intention of using it as an apache/mysql server but I am having some weird network issues connecting from my windows box. The setup is something like this: ...

  1. Network Trouble

    I have just installed debian on my old slot loading iMac with the
    intention of using it as an apache/mysql server but I am having some
    weird network issues connecting from my windows box. The setup is
    something like this:

    box a) windows xp pro
    192.168.0.1
    255.255.255.0

    box b) debian
    192.168.0.2
    255.255.255.0

    They are connected via ethernet with a small hub.

    box b can ping etc box a, but i cannot ping box b from box a. The
    request times out.

    I am missing something really obvious here and would be eternally
    greatfull for any help anyone could offer.

    Many thanks

    Lewis

  2. Re: Network Trouble

    May be iptables configuration in Debian machine is droping ICMP
    packets.

    Try:

    iptables -L

    to show rules with incoming packets.

    Pietro

  3. Re: Network Trouble

    I have the same problem ... but I don't know what at this time unless maybe
    it's a firewall problem ...

    a écrit dans le message de news:
    1111330654.763604.294970@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups. com...
    > I have just installed debian on my old slot loading iMac with the
    > intention of using it as an apache/mysql server but I am having some
    > weird network issues connecting from my windows box. The setup is
    > something like this:
    >
    > box a) windows xp pro
    > 192.168.0.1
    > 255.255.255.0
    >
    > box b) debian
    > 192.168.0.2
    > 255.255.255.0
    >
    > They are connected via ethernet with a small hub.
    >
    > box b can ping etc box a, but i cannot ping box b from box a. The
    > request times out.
    >
    > I am missing something really obvious here and would be eternally
    > greatfull for any help anyone could offer.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Lewis

  4. Re: Network Trouble

    Thanks for all your help guys. In the end I decided I wanted to get
    something working and so went with the Yellow Dog distribution instead.
    This worked fine...

    Sorry can't be of more help...

+ Reply to Thread