Bootable CD/DVD install for G5 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Bootable CD/DVD install for G5 - Powerpc ; Hi, does anyone know if a bootable CD/DVD installation of linux exists which would work un a G5 ? thanks...

  1. Bootable CD/DVD install for G5

    Hi,
    does anyone know if a bootable CD/DVD installation of linux exists
    which would work un a G5 ?
    thanks

  2. Re: Bootable CD/DVD install for G5

    Ciao teaonmars, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > does anyone know if a bootable CD/DVD installation of linux exists
    > which would work un a G5 ?

    The new Fedora should work, as it does the Debian Installer.
    Try also Ubuntu, since it is based on d-i.

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

  3. Re: Bootable CD/DVD install for G5

    Jack Malmostoso wrote:
    > Ciao teaonmars, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:
    >
    > > does anyone know if a bootable CD/DVD installation of linux exists
    > > which would work un a G5 ?

    > The new Fedora should work, as it does the Debian Installer.
    > Try also Ubuntu, since it is based on d-i.

    Thank you for your answer,
    I have downloaded the new Fedora 4 beta but it's a bootable installer.
    I'm looking for a complete install on a bootable CD/DVD just to play
    around a little bit without installing anything on my hard drive.
    I'll try Ubuntu, i had never heard of it before.
    br

  4. Re: Bootable CD/DVD install for G5

    Ciao teaonmars, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

    > I'll try Ubuntu, i had never heard of it before.

    You want a live cd! Then Ubuntu is for you! Get it here:

    http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live...ve-powerpc.iso

    --
    On Oct 5 1991, 8.53 AM; Linus Benedict Torvalds said:
    >I can (well, almost) hear you asking yourselves "why?". Hurd will be
    >out in a year (or two, or next month, who knows), and I've already got
    >minix.

+ Reply to Thread