Can't write SIUMCR register of PPC850 - Powerpc

This is a discussion on Can't write SIUMCR register of PPC850 - Powerpc ; Hi, everyone! I want to port U-BOOT to a new ppc850 board. When I used BDI2000 to debug the board, the SIUMCR register can't be writen and the register's value be read is 0x01780000 constantly. Other registers and Flash can ...

  1. Can't write SIUMCR register of PPC850

    Hi, everyone! I want to port U-BOOT to a new ppc850 board. When I used
    BDI2000 to debug the board, the SIUMCR register can't be writen and the
    register's value be read is 0x01780000 constantly. Other registers and
    Flash can be writen or read normally, but the debugger can't trace the
    program on this board.

  2. Re: Can't write SIUMCR register of PPC850

    "flab" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi, everyone! I want to port U-BOOT to a new ppc850 board. When I used
    > BDI2000 to debug the board, the SIUMCR register can't be writen and the
    > register's value be read is 0x01780000 constantly. Other registers and
    > Flash can be writen or read normally, but the debugger can't trace the
    > program on this board.

    Which are you using to try to write SIUMCR, U-BOOT or the BDI2000? Using
    the BDI2000 and an MPC860, this works for me. If it's with the BDI2000, you
    might want to post the associated .cfg file or at least the [INIT} section.

    Regards,
    Steve

    Steve Schefter phone: +1 705 725 9999 x26
    The Software Group Limited fax: +1 705 725 9666
    642 Welham Road,
    Barrie, Ontario CANADA L4N 9A1 Web: www.wanware.com

+ Reply to Thread